The Enduring Power of Patient Love | A Tale of Perseverance and Devotion

 

The Enduring Power of Patient Love | A Tale of Perseverance and Devotion



That evening, he had prepared himself and gone to meet his beloved, but that beautiful evening turned into a painful and unforgettable one for him.


It was an ordinary day, but I had been suffering from a severe cold and flu for the past two days. After breakfast, my mother gave me medicine with tea so that I could rest peacefully. As I was preparing to sleep, my phone suddenly rang. Reluctantly, I answered the call, but my joy knew no bounds when I heard the voice of my first and last love, who had called to arrange a meeting in the evening. Within moments, my fever, body aches, and restlessness disappeared.


My mother was pleased to see me feeling better. 'Son, the medicine has quickly shown its effect,' she said. With a big smile on my face, I pulled out my best clothes and stood in front of the mirror after taking my shoes off, ready within a few moments. While five hours were still left until our meeting, it felt like time had stopped for me. I felt like I was on the most beautiful evening of my life, which I had wished for years ago, and the clock seemed to have slowed down. I closed my eyes, feeling the bliss of the moment. I arrived at the hotel at the appointed time, where Alisha was already present."


I felt overwhelmed by the realization that she was more eager to meet me than I had anticipated, which is why she arrived at the hotel before me. I asked her how she was doing while fixing my gaze on her smiling face. She responded by saying, "I am fine, but I have something very important to discuss with you here." As she said this, I sensed an unusual seriousness on her face. "Listen, I am going to London with Shano for my mother's visit. Abu has sent our visas. You do not know that I am getting married next month, and I will be permanently staying in London because my future husband lives there." She fell silent after saying this.


Hearing Alisha's words, I felt as if the whole world was spinning around me. It was difficult to control myself, but I managed to listen to her conversation again. "I value your emotions and feelings, and I know that you are my sincere friend who truly loves me and doesn't want to lose me. After hearing these words, I was overwhelmed with emotions. "How much do you love me, Alisha, and how many times have you prayed to get me? I came to meet you thinking that my prayers had been answered and that I would get everything I had ever wished for. I didn't know that meeting you would separate us forever."


"I wish I hadn't dreamt so much about meeting you. I wish you hadn't invited me. I wish I could spend the rest of my life living on the memories of you..."


I have something else to say to you. While saying this, Alisha held me gently with her delicate hands and made me sit down when I stood up. As much as you love me, I love Saad the same way. I trust your love and I know you will respect my wishes for my happiness, and I know you will hold onto the love you have for me, which I have with you.

If I ever meet you as a stranger at any point in life, I'm leaving now. Saying this, she stood up slowly and after looking at me carefully for a few moments, she said, 'My intention was not to break your heart but to make you aware of the truth. If possible, forgive me and pray for my good future. Allah Hafiz.' Saying this, Alisha left, but I stayed there for a while, staring at the path she had taken, which she had already left behind. When I returned home with heavy footsteps, seeing the tears in my eyes, my mother became worried and I told her about my boundless grief.


A friend has left me forever, please don't ask me any more questions," I said, lying on the courtyard mat. Even on my mother's repeated calls, I didn't go inside. It felt like a fire was burning inside me. Drops of sweat were visible on my forehead.


After seeing all of this, my mother became very upset and she was also worried about December. I sat there like a thin layer of soil, unable to hear or speak, and feeling shattered inside. My senses were not with me. What I thought would be a beautiful evening turned into a painful and unforgettable night. It was so easy for her to trample my love under her feet and darken my life by involving someone else in hers.


I spent the whole night turning and tossing in my bed with this thought. I regained consciousness when my eyes opened in the hospital room, and the separation from her made me completely numb. When I came to my senses, I was searching for her face in every face.


She ruled my heart and mind. I always pray for Alisha's life to be filled with happiness and all the comforts of life in her lap. After spending a few days in the hospital, I came home, but a nameless restlessness and confusion always kept me captive. Small things made me very angry. I left my studies incomplete. Meeting people and being around them made me feel irritated. Solitude gave me peace because, in solitude, I remembered Alisha and her last meeting remained vivid in my memory. My hand was hers... I forgot everything except her memory.

Post a Comment

0 Comments